As we are getting closer to the beginning of the new academic year, we would like to share some important information related to your travel to Northern Cyprus.
All flights to Northern Cyprus (Ercan Airport) are via Istanbul, Turkey. You are strongly recommended to book your flights with either Turkish Airlines or Pegasus. When you arrive at Ercan Airport, you will be greeted by one of our staff (he/she will be holding an ARUCAD sign).
Note: make sure to have your printed Letter of Acceptance & Return Flight Ticket with open date.
You will need a properly printed certificate of your PCR test from a laboratory to prove you have tested negative for Coronavirus (COVID-19). Text messages will not be accepted by the airport authorities.
People who enter North Cyprus via air-sea routes or from outside the island using the land border crossings from 06.09.2021 onwards, taking into account the country entry criteria (pre-departure negative PCR test result in the last 72 hours), must fill in the passenger form at the address adapass.gov.ct.tr and enter the island with the QR code obtained. People who do not add their information to this site or who do not receive a QR code will not be able to enter the TRNC. Get your Adapass code at AdaPass (ct.tr) Those entering the site:
-TRNC citizens’ “ADAPASS”
-Turkish citizens’ “HEALTHPASS”
-EU citizens’ “GREENPASS”
-UK citizens’ “NHS QR Code Document”As the added documents will be checked upon entry to the country, people should carry them with them.
– Citizens of other countries are required to attach their valid PCR test results and/or vaccination cards to the specified section of the application.
VACCINATED PEOPLE: those who have completed the vaccination programme. From 14 days after the last dose.
Vaccines approved by the TRNC Ministry of Health:
- SINOVAC: 2 DOSES
- BIONTECH: 2 DOSES
- SINOPHARM: 2 DOSES
- COMIRNATY (Pfizer/Biontech): 2 DOSES
- VAXZEVRIA (AstraZeneca/Oxford): 2 DOSES
- COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen / Johnson and Johnson: 1 DOSE
- SPUTNIK V: 2 DOSES
- MODERNA: 2 DOSES
– People who have had two doses of a vaccine other than those specified above will be considered as vaccinated.
– People who have had Covid-19 over six months ago will be considered as vaccinated if they have had 1 dose of vaccine.
– Those who already own or are renting a flat in the TRNC may be allowed to home-quarantine.
For more information on home-quarantine and the electronic wristband please visit Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus – Quarantine Tracking System (kktckarantina.com)
If you are quarantining at home, please inform us if you have any availability.
If you are a new student planning to quarantine at our Apartment, please let us know before your arrival. You first have to download the Guvende Kal application for the electronic wristband and enter the address: Bedrettin Demirel Caddesi 1/A , ARF TOWER
Download app for iPhone: Guvende Kal on the App Store (apple.com)
Download app for Android: Güvende Kal – Apps on Google Play
The electronic wristband will cost 750 TL. You must pay this fee before your flight to the TRNC.
We will provide a place for you to stay free of charge.
On the first day of your arrival we will provide food for you. However starting from the second day until the end of your quarantine, you will have to pay for food.
You can either order from our Cafe where we will provide breakfast, lunch and dinner for approximately 100 TL per day.
Or you can easily order food according to your own preference from KKTC Online Yemek Siparişi, Paket Servis – Yemek Sepeti
The length of your quarantine period changes based on your country’s category and whether or not you are vaccinated.
Visit www.saglik.gov.ct.tr/COVID-19/ÜLKELERE-GÖRE-RENK-KODLARI to find out your country’s category. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to read the quarantine rules in English.
You are strongly recommended to arrive between 1-11 October 2021 as those are the dates during which we will be able to provide you with a place for your quarantine (if required).
If your arrival date is prior to the 1st of October, quarantine facilities will be your own responsibility.
Note: if for any reason, you need to arrive earlier, please let us know.
- make sure to buy Turkish Lira in Istanbul Airport (you will be unable to do this at Ercan airport). You will need to order food to your apartment for 14 days while in quarantine.
- make sure to take all necessity items with you as you will be unable to shop for 14 days while in quarantine (eg: a book to read, hygiene pads, prescribed drugs (if any), toothbrush, toothpaste etc.). If you require anything while in quarantine, you must pay for it and the university will obtain it for you.
Note: Countries’ categorisations may change over time, therefore, please check updates closely.
Advice: Reconfirm all travel arrangements. Follow all official instructions. Abide by official health and safety measures. Emphasise basic health precautions, wear a mask, frequent hand-washing with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand sanitiser if soap and water are unavailable. Practice good coughing/sneezing etiquette (i.e., covering coughs and sneezes with a disposable tissue, maintaining distance from others, and washing hands).
Please check your email frequently, as information is updated weekly.
If you have any questions please contact +905338330707