STUDENT-FRIENDLY ISLAND PROJECT
A protocol has been signed by the North Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture to provide a discount system as part of the “Student-Friendly Island Project”, which aims to provide convenience in living conditions for higher education students of any nationality studying on the island and also to all TRNC citizens studying abroad.
A special bank card will be allocated to all university students studying in North Cyprus, regardless of their citizenship and to all North Cyprus citizens studying abroad. Within the scope of this project, in addition to the promotions the bank itself provides, separate promotions will also be provided to Student-Friendly Island Card users
This card will provide the following:
- It will function as cashcard without the need for using cash.
- The card will be internationally valid as a debit and shopping card.
- It will provide the opportunity to withdraw money anywhere in the world.
- A single card will be sufficient for students due to its ability to be integrated with other cards.
- Students will have the opportunity of free money transfer between themselves.
- The software will allow students to monitor their financial transactions with the application.
Proposed Uses of the Card:
- Discounts for students in the light of the negotiations with the public, business owners and tradesmen.
- It will be easier for families to send money to their children.
- The card will be valid not only in North Cyprus but also in many countries.
- All government scholarships will be deposited on this card.
- Students will be able to take part in the system without the need for bank branches
- A contribution of 500 TL will be provided to all students who make new registrations to North Cyprus universities in the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- One free PCR test will be offered to students arriving to North Cyprus
- A 5 million TL contribution will be provided by the TRNC Government to the card project within the scope of the project.
Students of any nationality studying in the North Cyprus and all North Cyprus citizens studying abroad are included in the discount system to be provided to students within the scope of the Student-Friendly Island Project. Online application started on September 1, 2020.