We Can Stop The Climate Crisis!
We can save our planet and the billions of lives it hosts from the devastating effects of the climate crisis. But we have to start somewhere. So how would you warn the world about it?
In the 3rd ARUCAD High School Design Competition, we are looking for an answer to this question through the eyes of young people.
One of the most debated international issues of the past few years is unquestionably the climate crisis and it is predicted that the whole world will suffer from its affects. Directly related developments such as drought, forest fires and global warming appear to suggest that we may be too late in tackling the matter. This situation forces the decision-making mechanisms of world politics to think over-cautiously. While some scientists think that this is an unavoidable world problem, some still focus on the idea that promising things can be done for the Earth in the near future. What we are wondering is, if it were you, how would you warn the world about this issue?
As ARUCAD – the Arkin Creative Arts and Design University, we are looking for an answer to this question through the eyes of young people. In order to evaluate the sensitivity of the younger generation to the problem of climate change, to observe their perspectives on the near future of the Earth, and to reveal their talents at the same time, we are holding a design competition between high schools from all over the world, named “We can stop the CLIMATE CRISIS”.
We aim to encourage high school students from all over the world to produce ideas and works of art that will raise awareness of the climate crisis and to draw attention to global warming through different artistic disciplines.
High school students from anywhere in the world may participate.
General Conditions of Participation:
- Participation in the competition is free of charge.
- Jury members and/or their first degree relatives may not participate in the competition.
- Students may benefit from any of the visual arts disciplines they wish in the preparation of their entries – (painting, photography, video, digital painting, poster, comics, ceramics, sculpture).
- It is sufficient to submit a photo of their work on any paper or medium and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org address.
- If the work is prepared in a computer environment, the design should be sent in jpeg., if it is a video, mp4, if it is ceramic or sculpture, photographs of the work should be sent in jpeg format.
- Students may prepare their work on any paper, any surface, or in 3D forms of any size they wish.
- Video content should be in 1080p or 720p resolution, and the duration should not exceed 1 minute.
- Participants may participate in the competition with at least 1 and up to a maximum of 5 works with the works they have prepared in different disciplines.
- Participation in the competition will be realised by sending the works via e-mail to email@example.com.
- The e-mail should include the names and surnames of the participants, their school, contact information, together with their submissions.
- Submissions outside of the scope and theme will not be taken into consideration.
- Non-original works will not be taken into consideration.
- Only applications made between 15 March 2022 – 15 July 2022 will be taken into consideration..
- The rights of the works submitted to the competition should not reside in other people, institutions or organis
- We are not responsible for any delay or any imposition that may occur during the email submission to the competition.
- The language of the competition is English.
- Submissions that insult any nation, country or religion or which are propaganda, or which support violence, war, drug use, or which serve political purposes, praise all kinds of fanaticism, or submissions with advertising elements may not participate in the competition. In the case of their submission, they will not be evaluated.
- The works will be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org address and stored on the servers of the university.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted these specifications.
Publication and Copyright of Works:
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and committed to all the provisions of the Contest Specifications and Application Forms.
- The participant accepts, declares and undertakes that the work submitted to the competition is entirely his own. All kinds of legal responsibilities that may arise from the citation and/or theft of the works belong to the owner of the work.
- If it is understood that the awarded participants acted outside of the declarations and acceptances, the awards, titles and all kinds of gains they obtained are taken back.
- Arkin Creative Arts and Design University (ARUCAD) is not responsible for any material or moral disputes that may arise between the owner of the work and the third parties claiming rights.
Information Required in the Application E-Mail:
- Name and surname
- School name
- Areas of interest
- WhatsApp Number
- Artefact or works
- The works that will participate in the competition will be evaluated by the Jury.
- Confidentiality is essential in the evaluation of the jury.
- Dr. Nur Onat – Dean of the Faculty of Arts
- Dr. Turan Aksoy – Faculty of Arts Faculty Member
- Dr. Nuran Öze – Institute Director, Head of Visual Communication Design Department
- Assoc. Dr. Eser Keçeci – Head of Plastic Arts Department
- Assoc. Dr. Cem Yardımcı – Head of Architecture Department
Competition Results Announcement:
The results of the competition will be announced on prospective.arucad.edu.tr and social media accounts.
- The date of the award is to be announced
- Prizes will be sent via bank transfer
|Announcement of the Competition||15 March 2022|
|Date Range for Submission of Works||15 March 2022 – 15 July 2022|
Prizes to be given to the winners:
|1st Special Jury Prize||$200|
|2nd Special Jury Prize||$200|
The prizes of the winning Evaluation Criteria:
- Theme: the work’s compliance with the relevant theme
- Aesthetics: the work is adequate in terms of aesthetics: visual integrity, attractiveness, appeal to the emotions
- Originality: uniqueness of the work in terms of ideas and concept
- Compliance with all the conditions mentioned above